61. So far, I've read 29 complete books on my Kindle since I got it (at least, this is what my read-collection tells me).
62. Most of the books I read on my Kindle (I'd say 98%) are books I got for review. I usually think that Kindle copies are too expensive, so I don't really buy any.
63. If I own one of the books in a series in hardback, I refuse to buy any of the sequels in paperback, even if they are three times less expensive.
64. I tend to neglect contemporary books. I know this, so I'll be working on reading some more!
65. If I'm in a reading funk, I usually pick up an adult paranormal romance book to get me out.
66. I love it when I recommend people books and they end up loving them. Success!
67. While I'm tempted to read what I know I like (either a genre I love, or an author who is one of my favorites), I'm trying to read outside my comfort zones more since I started blogging. First step: reading classics.
68. After reading a couple of books on my Kindle, I need to read a couple of physical books to switch things up.
69. While I love reading reviews, I don't usually consult them before I buy a book. I usually take the opinions of my bookish friends into consideration instead.
70. A long series with the same word in the titles confuse me (like 'dead' in the titles of the Sookie Stackhouse books). I can't for the life of me remember which book has which title, even though I've read the first 10 books.
That's it for this week's Ten Things! I'm starting to notice some things about me as a reader that I wouldn't have if I didn't do these posts. I think that's pretty awesome :)
There won't be a Ten Things next week since I'll be hosting Chaos Walking Week (which I'm very excited about, by the way!) but there will be one in the week after that. They are a bit sporadic now, but I'll keep going until I get to 100, I promise!