Books & Reading
- Read 50,000 pages in a year. In 2011 I managed to read 45,000 so I was pretty close, but I failed to reach 50k pages. Somehow this goal made it into my head and I'm determined to make it this year!
- Read at least 125 books. Last year I set my goal to 100 books when I filled in the Goodreads reading challenge, but I managed to read far more than that. I've been home all year, but it wasn't like I was reading every hour of the day, so I think I will be able to make this goal even if I have to work.
- Read a minimum of five 'classics'. I've talked about my lack of classic reading a couple of times before, and I really want to change that by actually reading them. I have a couple in my possession right now, so it should be doable! I plan to read Catch-22, Slaughterhouse-five, The Catcher in the Rye, Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Green Gables.
- Read at least 20 YA debuts. I managed that in 2011, so I don't see why I won't be able to read as many in this year.
- Keep the book buying to a minimum. I've been on lowbuy for a couple months now, and I've been doing great with only 4 books bought in 2 months or so. It's really hard for me to not buy every book I want to read, because I go all grabby hands when I see titles I want to have, but it's doable. I have a list of books with their releasedates so I can keep up with their publication dates. Somehow this makes it easier for me to not buy all the books I see online.
- Actually read the books that I buy. I have a massive amount of books in my possession that I needed but are still on my shelves unread. It's time to fix that!
- Get a job and keep it. I've been unemployed for way too long now, and I've been applying for jobs for months and months without luck. I need to get a job in 2012, both to be able to pay the bills and for my well-being. Not having a job and staying at home is driving me nuts, even though I like having plenty of time to be able to read. It's just not ideal, and I want to change it.
- Eat less chocolate and candy. I am quite addicted to sugar and even though it's delicious, it's um, not really that good for me. It's unhealthy and it makes me quite hyperactive as well. Yes, I have a problem.
- Keep in touch with my friends more. I'm a lazy blogger, but I'm also a very lazy friend. I've lost a lot of friends when I got ill, so I should cherish the ones that stuck with me even more. I don't do that enough, so it's time to change.
- Finish the stories I'm working on. I'm currently working on three different stories, my NaNo novel the biggest one. I hope I'm able to finish at least one of them in 2012, so I can start rewriting and editing after that.
That's pretty much it for my 'personal' goals! Almost all of them will influence the blog in some way, but they're still goals I set for myself instead of the blog.
Do you have resolutions for 2012? If you do, I'd love to hear them in the comments :)